Join us on May 16th 2018 for South London’s most exciting conference, FREE for trainee doctors.
Register on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sltn-inspiring-excellence-conference-2018-crossing-the-divide-registration-43554197778
We will be exploring the multifarious ways in which medics ‘cross the divide’. With themes such as co-produced healthcare, transforming technology from the bench to the patient’s bedside, and learning first-hand from trainee colleagues whose careers have taken fascinating directions.
We have been working hard to put together a superb programme of talks and workshops for South London trainees – with speakers including:
- Rosena Allin-Khan – MP for Tooting and A&E doctor
- Clare Gerada – medical director of the NHS Practitioner Health Programme and former chairperson of the RGCP
- Francesca Martinez – comedian, actor, and writer, living with cerebral palsy (though she prefers the term ‘wobbly’)
- Will Barker – founder of DrToolbox
- Florian Ruths – clinical lead for mindfulness-based therapy at SLaM
- Performing Medicine – running a workshop bringing techniques from drama/the arts into medicine, e.g. how to use your voice most effectively in consultation
- Michael Farquhar – consultant in sleep medicine
- Macmillan – running a workshop about the ‘good death’
- Katherine Henderson – on happiness
- And, as they say, many many more!
Registration will close on 2nd May so book your place and study leave now.
Completely free to attend for trainees of all specialities and grades in South London, we are asking for a £45 deposit which will be fully refunded on attendance. This is to reduce non-attendance on the day, and cover the basic cost per-head for anyone who can’t make it. Please contact us if you have any queries.
Abstracts for poster presentations are invited under the following themes:
- The health and wellbeing of doctors
- The future of postgraduate medical education – we want to hear your ideas. How would you shape future training in your specialty?
- Quality improvement – in clinical service or education and training
Please submit 250 word abstracts with subject title being “Abstract + your name” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please include the theme your poster fits, and a list of authors and their email addresses. If accepted, there will be opportunity to present your poster at the conference.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 23 April 2018