BAPM Training in Basic Research Skills for Paediatric Professionals
Date: Wednesday 1st November 2017
Summary: This 1 day training workshop will provide delegates with an understanding of why research is important, methods of how to develop a research culture and information on how to bring a clinical trial to your unit. You will also learn how to approach speaking to parents about research and ask for research consent.
The workshop will include presentations from clinicians and parents and the chance to work through example scenarios.
Programme Topics Include:
- Leading a multicentre trial
- Parents Perspective on Participating in Research
- Research in a neonatal context outside of level 3/NICU’s
The workshops will include presentations from clinicians and parents and the chance to work through example scenarios.
- The research curriculum and how to evidence your research competencies and running a successful journal club
- Parent and professional attitudes to research
Who should attend?
Whilst the scenarios used relate to neonatal trials, this training is suitable for any paediatric professional (medical, nursing, allied professions) that would like an introduction to research skills.
Further information: https://www.bapm.org/events/training-basic-research-skills-paediatric-professionals