Safety of care is a huge concern for healthcare professionals and it is vital that staff have the necessary time, skills, and support they need to make improvements. This intensive programme from an internationally-renowned improvement organisation is an exciting opportunity to learn how to improve patient safety in an engaging and practical way.
The four-day programme (03-06 October 2016) has been tried and tested and will guide attendees through some of the amazing improvement success stories from around the globe. Tailored to a European audience, the expert faculty will provide an immersive learning experience to support participants in adapting this framework of safe systems of care to their individual environments.
Each of the four days will be tailored to meet individual needs with all participants expected to achieve the following core objectives:
– Understanding the skills, theory, and practical tools critical to develop successful patient safety programmes
– Using different diagnostic tools to determine the extent and depth of safety issues
– Identifying the leadership skills necessary to lead safety in their areas of responsibility
– Designing a reliable solution to safety problems, including considerations on human factors and teamwork
– Creating a plan to apply these learning principles to their individual environment, alongside their senior leader
We want delegates to come with a basic idea of something they would like to improve in their workplace, use the tools and techniques they’ve learned to map out their project, and leave us with a concrete plan for making safety improvements right away.
For more information please visit www.ihi.org.