*Please note: For external delegates, this course is £80.00 to attend. Payment will be requested via invoice from the Great Ormond Street Hospital finance department. Places will be reserved until payment has been received.*
If you are a Consultant, Educational Supervisor or senior trainee interested in developing your knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable you to coach your colleagues, trainees and supervisees, then this one-day course is for you.
During this highly practical introductory event, you will:
- Gain insight and understanding of coaching in the workplace
- How coaching differs from other approaches to developing your colleagues
- You will learn about the different contexts in which you might use a coaching approach as well as the pitfalls to watch out for.
- Develop an understanding of coaching frameworks (live demo) and how to use these in practice
- Have the opportunity to experiment with these skills and approaches – both as coach and coachee
- To better understand the impact and value of a coaching conversation and discover what works well and what can sometimes backfire
- Find out how a 4-point laser coaching technique can save you precious time whilst simultaneously developing and empowering your colleague
This course will count towards domains 2, 5, 6 and 7 under the Professional Development Framework.
Delivery of information, live coaching demonstrations, coaching practice with peers and group discussion
This course has been designed for Consultants, Educational Supervisors and senior trainees
This course is free to all GOSH employees. However, if you fail to attend or do not give the sufficient notice for cancelling your place, 5 working days’, you will be charged the course fee. Payment will be requested via the payment option specified on your booking form.
Payment will be requested via invoice from the Great Ormond Street Hospital Finance department. Places will be reserved until payment has been received.