What is the Paediatric Simulation Faculty Development Programme?
This is a programme that we have developed for those who want to become leaders in training through simulation. It is a fantastic opportunity for consultants and senior trainees (ST678), and allied health professionals to become involved with simulation training and as well as developing competencies in medical education and leadership. Our goal is to provide support for all paediatric units in London and to integrate simulation training into in-house teaching. In order to achieve this we need to train motivated and enthusiastic faculty.
Who can apply to be faculty?
Consultants, ST6-8 trainees and nurses and allied health professionals
What will the training involve?
1) The programme is a modular training package including:
- Launch event
- Training the Trainer Course
- Simulation facilitation packages at paediatric Simulation centres
- Simulation facilitation practices at DGH / other available simulation training opportunities
2) Mentor support through lead simulation centre / peer support
3) Completion of reflective learning log
4) Completion of competency frameworks aligned to standards set by:
- Professional Development Framework for supervisors in London
- Academy of Medical Educators Professional Standards
- Medical Leadership Competency Framework
Application dates and how to join the programme
Applications are invited in late summer/early autumn through the School newsletter, and the programme begins in autumn. The programme can take up to 24 months to complete. If you have any questions or would like anymore information then please email Dr Mehrengise Cooper who is the Paediatrics Lead for Simulation Training (email@example.com)