This week 26 doctors, paediatric and neonatal nurses, and a paediatric ODP were launched into the School of Paediatrics Simulation Faculty Development Programme. We send them good wishes for their challenging and rewarding journey.
This is the 6th year of the programme which is a world-wide leader in the field. The programme helps to deliver the Schools ST1&3 simulation training and, with support from local champions, our candidates have been responsible for an array of innovation, including
· Return to acute clinical practice
· Post operative recovery in theatres
· Safety testing of newly built wards
· Team in situ training in paediatric wards, neonatal units, emergency departments, neonatal transport
· Novel medical student programmes
· Development of sub-specialty technical skills
· Development of Quality Improvement Projects
· Reinforcement of the importance of latent errors and latent strengths
The Schools hosts the pan-London Paediatric Simulation Network to supports simulation and technology-enhanced training across London. We are grateful to our sector leads, Jane Runnacles, Marilyn McDougall and Mehrengise Cooper for making this possible.
If you want to be more involved, contact Mehrengise.Cooper@nullimperial.nhs.uk who can put you in touch with a member of the Network from your hospital.