Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings to one and all – Hope everyone is enjoying in the festivities and able to distract themselves from the winter pressures. We know this is going to be a busy winter, and the consultants and trainee committee and reps are here to support the teams through this difficult period.
Here are some exciting updates from the last LSP NCEL Subgroup meeting!
North London Matching ST4/5 Event – 23rd of January 2018 at Holiday Inn, Coram St, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 1HT at 6pm
Upocoming Regional Teaching
Level 1 teaching at GOSH – looking for trainees to present cases – 4th Tuesday of the month and then 2nd Tuesday of the month from February. **Next one 30th January 2018 Haem -Oncology**. Any trainees interested in presenting cases please contact Emma.Parish@nullgosh.nhs.uk
LSP Trainee Survey:
NCEL has done very well for training across the board. Themes from the survey
- Consultant support/presence and opportunities to lead preferred by trainees
- Red in areas of rota/staffing and clinics across the board
- Dr Laurent will contact College Tutors about trainee survey results
- Solutions to rota gaps discussed – FY3, MTI (start at level 1)
How to get more management experience for trainees – think about it early in training
- Separate leadership/management teaching – may lead to projects for juniors
- Shadow days with managers
- Educational supervisors to explore management and leadership opportunities
- Aug 2018 new curriculum going live – ties in management and leadership
- Include monthly management meetings in teaching programmes – make a PDP!
I hope everyone manages to get a break over the festive period. Looking forward to a fresh start and an exciting 2018! Happy New Year to one and all