The now bimonthly NCEL team commenced by welcoming the new college tutors from Redbridge, Bridget Callaghan & Elise Randell, GOSH, Jenny (north Middx), Mohammad Alam (Newham) as well new trust reps. Other key pieces of information discussed:
- Adverts for academic clinical lecturer post at coming out soon. For those who have done research fellowship & who want to continue in research melded with core training
- ST3 sim programme– sign up now. There are lots of dates across the sector in April, May, June & July.
- ST1 training at Gosh in partnership with UCLPartners is going well. The sessions are live-streamed on London School website for those who can’t make it to GOSH and podcasts are available after the event on the School website.
- Passion for Paediatrics conference– next week focusing on making the most of your training. The programme sounds fabulous & feel good and the NCEL TRAINEE of the year results will be announced at the conference. Hopefully you will come away with ideas on how to make your workplace better
- With the changes in the structure of training, UCLP will be continuing to run some training programmes (e.g. Faculty development, simulation) but specialty specific training events will not continue
- School fellows are in post looking at neonatal workforce reconfiguration (different models of delivering care. The initial focus will be in neonatology but will have transferable to other special tutors). This work will be ready towards the end of summer
Next meeting will be on 9th May and meetings will run on the second Tuesday of the odd months of the year.