Integrated Care and Leadership opportunities.
Paediatric trainees – are you interested in working across traditional boundaries? Do you want to achieve some of your leadership and integrated care RCPCH Progress Curricular objectives? If YES, then Learning Together clinics are for you!
What is Learning Together?
Learning Together is an exciting interdisciplinary training model between paediatrics and GP trainees. A paediatric trainee (ST5+) pairs with a GP ST3 and they run a series of focused child health joint clinics within primary care. More information can be found at: www.learningtogether.org.uk
How can you get involved?
We are looking for Level 2/3 trainees to be local champions for Learning Together clinics across London. Following the successful pilot stages we are now encouraging all trusts to set up and run their own Learning Together schemes locally. Some sites already have clinics up and running, others need kick-starting. This is your chance to get involved in setting up and running your own local schemes.
What support can you expect as LT Local champion?
- You will be linked-up with a local Paediatric Consultant Champion, and GP lead for your patch.
- We will help you kick-start your scheme by inviting you to a start-up workshop (10th October 4-6pm or 6.30-8.30pm – not 4th October as previously advertised) to explore how clinics work, discuss any barriers and enablers to running clinics and help answer any questions you may have.
- Governance documents and advice are also available on www.learningtogether.org.uk
What curricular objectives can you achieve through being an LT Local Champion?
- Domain 5 Health promotion and illness promotion: Demonstrates leadership in the promotion of health and wellbeing practices in the wider community
- Domain 6 Leadership and team working. Leads in multi-disciplinary team working.
- Domain 10 Education and training. Models the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide appropriate teaching, learning opportunities, supervision, assessment and mentorship in the paediatric healthcare setting.
What should you do next?
- To take part, fill in the online form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=K5Gn_5ewMUGcD9DoB1Wyq_ds8vSxoMlCpMsUKXfDaLRUOUFRUzIzMEhPSVM5VDU5SEs3VTJGUUxRMS4u
- Reserve your place on the LT Local Champions start up workshop 10th October 2018
- Contact your next trust/educational supervisor to ask who the local Consultant LT lead is. If it’s not clear, we may be able to help
- See www.learningtogether.org.uk